Friday, July 11, 2008

There's no ballgame in Margaritaville

If a ten-game losing streak ends but you don't see it with your own eyes, did it really happen?

Despite my rather slavish ambition to watch every Tribe game that comes along, no matter how awful they are playing, I managed to miss last night's game which produced the largest offensive outburst of any game at Progressive Field and the third-largest run total of the season.


I was not in front of my TV screen last night.

I was, in fact, at a local college attending an outdoor concert by a Jimmy Buffet cover band. Who even knew there were Jimmy Buffet cover bands?

So instead of seeing the Tribe whack four dingers, and Ben Francisco, Casey Blake and David Dellucci (why is he still in the lineup?) knock in 10 runs between them, it was Jimmy and the Parrots for me.

Not to knock Jimmy and the Parrots.

And there was a fireworks show to boot. And as a former Clevelander you know how much I like my fireworks (don't they have them about every other night at the ballpark?)

So though I missed last night's rare event - a boatload of runs - had I seen it I'm sure it would have been a lot like having a Cheeseburger in Paradise.

No comments: