Monday, February 25, 2008

CC reaches for trouble

It's been tough trying to find something truly newsworthy to write about in the first few days of spring training.

Fortunately that is still true tonight, though it could have been different.


CC Sabathia today reached out with his bare hand for a shot back to the box and had to get his hand checked out as a result.


Although the ball caromed to second base,
the Plain Dealer reports, there doesn't seem to be any problem.

Whew!


There's been darn little else to report so far, although it is good to note the
Jeremy Sowers appears to have regained some muscle on his fastball.

The biggest negative so far,
Andy Marte - who you would think would be doing all he could to show he belongs in the big leagues - came to camp not in the best of shape.

I may be in the minority, but I think the Tribe should send him packing rather than using a roster spot on a guy I don't think is going to cut it here.

(Someone please bookmark these comments and I'll be glad to eat crow in September if I'm wrong.)


That being the biggest negative so far, I'd say it's been a pretty routine first week-plus of training camp.


I have to laugh at something I read in the PD today, not in the sports section.

It seems
NBC's Tim Russert was a student at CSU's Marshall Law School back in 1974 and attended the infamous "10-cent-beer-night" at Municipal Stadium.

Russert, in town for tomorrow's presidential debate, was asked to what degree he participated in the event.

"I went with $2 in my pocket. You do the math."

Thanks to those of you - an amazingly large number - who check back daily to see what's new. As soon as something worth commenting happens, you can bet we'll have something to say.


In the meantime, I've been very busy with my political blog. If that floats your boat at all, please check us out at
www.prezpolitics.blogspot.com.

No comments: