Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Three-for-three without me

Since I last wrote something for TFYL the Tribe has played - and won - three games.

Not only that, but they actually scored more the two runs in each of the three games. In fact, they scored 22 runs while I was on my road trip.

Not coincidentally, at least in my mind, Casey Blake did not bat second in any of the three games. He batted ninth twice and sixth in one other game, going six for 11. Of course he left five runners on base over the three games, so things haven't changed completely. But at least he's hitting a little again.

The flip side of that is moving Asdrubal Cabrera up to the No. 2 spot. While I've been saying for weeks they should get Blake out of that key spot in the order, I never would have guessed Eric Wedge would have entrusted it to a very raw rookie.

Carbrera has gone 3-for-15 with two ribbies and NINE guys left on in three games in the No. 2 hole.

I didn't see one pitch of any of the games, so Cabrera may or may not have been instrumental in sparking the Tribe in other ways. I really don't know.

I'm just glad Blake, who is a good guy, a decent defender and a very streaky hitter who's lousy in the clutch, is finaly batting where he belongs - in the bottom of the order.

I'll probably have more on tonight's game either late tonight or in the morning.

Just writing to let you know I'm back.

Thanks to those who continue to check in regularly.

No comments: